Time has changed and the wise construction supervisor is changing with it. One of the many changes that have been witnessed in the construction industry is the use of cloud-computing applications that can be accessed using mobile devices and smartphones to track almost every aspect of the construction site.
If you have not yet taken your construction ‘office’ online, you are really missing out. Here are the five most important benefits why you need to take your construction company mobile:
- Access all your data in one centralized place
Imagine never having to keep bulky files with every bit of invoice and timesheet that you have ever used. This is one of the most important aspects of taking your construction company into your mobile device. You do not have to shuffle between files and cabinets as you look for a receipt that you need to fill in your tax records. Every bit of information is easily accessible on your device
- Secure storage of your data
All factors held constant, data stored in the cloud is more secure than the one stored in physical safes and cabinets.
- Work from anywhere
With your mobile device and a timesheet app, you can easily work from anywhere. You do not have to be present in the office to log in the hours worked by your employees or service the invoices sent by your suppliers.
- Team work is enhanced
Mobile applications allow for more collaborative effort on the tasks as oppose to traditional filing system.
- Better organization and quicker reference
Mobile apps used in the construction industry allow for quick referencing. All the data in the timesheets is kept in order and can be sorted in many ways allowing for flexible and quicker management.
The construction industry isn’t back to where it was before the recession rocked the United States yet, but it is slowly getting there. There are countless construction companies, whether it would be carpenters, plumbers, roofers, or any other of the trades, that are out each day trying to get new jobs to keep busy. These business owners are answering calls each day and going to potential job sites to give out estimates, but many of these companies are missing out on one vital and extremely important aspect of the job, completing a follow up to the estimate or proposal.
Some contractors may want to avoid following up because they don’t want to appear to be desperate for the work, but when it comes down to it, home owners are excited to work with a contractor that seems interested in doing the job. Following up after an initial estimate is also a great time for you to find out why you didn’t get the job, how far off in price you were, and what you could do the next time to get the job. Over time, finding out the answers to these questions will help you better prepare yourself with your bids and potentially win more jobs.
When it comes to estimate follow ups, you can be sly about it and contact the home owner with a possible new idea for their job that makes it seem like you have been thinking outside the box. This could make the home owner feel better about giving you the job because you added more to the conversation than originally requested.
Even if you don’t get the job, reaching out after giving an estimate will give you closure with the job. One of the biggest pet peeves of any contractor would be that the home owner can’t give them a quick call to let them know they went with someone else. By contacting the home owner again to see if they have any questions, offer any other ideas, or find out if they have gone elsewhere for the job, you will be able to mark that job off your schedule and keep working for the next job, which is always the ultimate goal of being in business.
Managing timesheet and invoices is important not only in construction but also in other aspects of our lives and business activities. Prior to the advent of the internet, such task can only be done with paper but nowadays, online or cloud based timesheet has revolutionized the estimation processes and the management of time. Cloud based timesheets are much better than paper for so many reasons, a few of these reasons and benefits of cloud based app over the use of paper is shortly outlined.
• With cloud based platform, you do not need to install any software. Everything is done over the internet and hence making it superfast and efficient. More so, you will always be up-to-date with the latest features and technologies.
• The cloud based timesheet provided by Timebooklet.com is essentially fast and secure. You will not lose your data in any way as the data is always backed up and protected.
• The use of smartphone for business activities has become the order of the day. Cloud based apps can easily be opened in smartphones and any other platforms including desktop platforms, tablets and so forth.
• You only need a few mouse clicks to create your timesheet as well as estimates and convert them into invoices and send them to managers and so forth. As a matter of fact, cloud based timesheet drastically eliminates the stress involved in handling timesheet but also ensures that efficiency and the best performance is ensured in the process.